6.01.2013

FIVE FOR ONE SPECIAL

June's Fab Five




Wait, what? A blog post?! Shock. Horror.  

Alright, officially noted lack of posting in like, a year, and officially contrite.  Now, onto what I'm here for and what I'm really excited about.  

I have been in the process of using up all the ridiculous amounts of makeup, haircare, skincare, and other "girlie" detritus that takes up every bit of spare space and far too much of the money in my life.  

Since embarking on this journey I have held myself to a tough standard of only purchasing things that I need.  You know, completely out of every face primer so I go buy one.  Just one and use that up before I buy another one.  

I know, I know.  How boring and un-beauty blogger of me, but let's face it folks.  The economy is tough and my man is tougher and if there isn't room in the bathroom for his two hair products, deodorant, body wash, and shampoo because I'm hoarding thirteen bottles of toners I'm not really enthused about then, "Houston, we have a problem."  

So, things have been going well, but now I'm running into a problem, not lack of enthusiasm, no way.  How cathartic to rid myself of all this clutter, especially the stuff I push to the back of the cabinet and try not to look at because it was expensive, but I don't want to use it because it smells/looks funny or it was limited edition or whatever weirdo obsessive beauty blogger excuse I try to make!

The problem is I have used up a lot of the quick stuff.  Many of the samples and most of the stuff that was half used so now I'm running into the ever loathsome, "This product is never going to be empty."  So to kick my butt into high gear again and to focus myself on particular products instead of flitting from bottle to bottle like a hummingbird and seemingly getting nowhere I have made myself a task for the remaining months of 2013.  

This being the first of June makes it the perfect day to unveil it.  On the 1st of the month I will post five products that I have challenged myself to finish by the end of the month.  In contrast, I have seven items that I want to purchase so badly I dream about them, scroll the internet to make sure they aren't gone yet, and constantly mention the ways they would make my life better to anyone who will listen.  So, at the end of the month if I have used up my five products then guess what?  I get to pick a single item from the list and purchase it with no guilt and an extremely intricate happy dance that took me two weeks to choreograph.  

The photo at the top are the items I have challenged myself to finish by June 30th.  May the force be with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment