2.07.2014

MAKEUP FOUR: CHANEL SOLEIL TAN DE CHANEL



Soleil Tan De Chanel (STDC) seems to be a product that everyone, and their mother, has.  For a long time I wasn't sold, $48.00 for a product that I was relatively sure I didn't need was just too steep.  

Then people just kept raving about it and I caved.  I had a few problems with this product and application.  Allow me to take you through all the stages from first use until now.

Step 1: Afraid to use product because it's so beautiful.  Looks like mousse and every time I touch the packaging I get fingerprints on the beautiful black lid which I must then obsessively rub off.

Step 2: Use product with Real Techniques Blush Brush.  Fail miserably at not being orange.

Step 3: Switch brush to Real Techniques Buffing Brush.  The head of the brush is too wide and I end up looking like I don't know what subtle contour is.

Step 4: Purchase Real Techniques Duo-Fiber Set.  Throw in drawer with other brushes and continue to struggle with product.

Step 5: Pull out Real Techniques Duo-Fiber Contour Brush and use to apply Soleil Tan De Chanel.  Application looks much improved but still not perfect.

Step 6: Laugh when you read that package that states STDC is a bronzing makeup base because who would want that all over their face.  Stop laughing and realize all your previous errors have led to this moment.

Step 7: Apply STDC with the Real Techniques Duo-Fiber Contour Brush after primer, at the same time as my cream highlight, before I put on foundation.  Compliments begin to roll in.  I am much pleased.

So, is the product worth $48.00?  I don't know.  It looks wonderful, now that I know what I'm doing, but Bourjois has a similar product that retails for SIGNIFICANTLY less.  I would need to try that product to determine but at this point it's the only product I have that contours this naturally.  

No comments:

Post a Comment